There are different kinds of ant species around the world. These varieties also differ from region to region. These ants can put anyone in trouble. Ants are the most hard-working insects. The best way to identify them differently is according to their colour, appearance, and the region where you are living. You can identify ants according to their body structure. An ant body is divided into three parts – the abdomen, thorax, and head. These body parts also play a major role in identifying different ant species.
5 Types Of Ants That Might Invade Your Home
- Acrobat ants (Crematogaster) – They are also known as worker ants with two long nodes. There is a variety of colours when it comes to acrobat ants like brown, yellow, red-black, and all black. These ants prefer to live in moist areas and mostly live in damaged wood structures. These ants are aggressive in nature and can bite easily.
- Argentine ants (Linepithema humile)- These ants have one long node and they look scary. You can also find them in two colours that are light and dark brown. They prefer to live according to weather conditions. These ants don’t have the power or ability to bite.
- Asian needle ant (Pachycondyla Chinensis)- These ants have a length of 5 millimetres with one node. They also look scary due to their appearance. You can also find them in black-brown colour with the orange jaw. These ants prefer to live in moist areas and are considered less aggressive. Their bite can cause serious problems for the human body.
- Carpenter ants (Camponotus) – These carpenter ants only eat wood and their length is around 6 to 13 millimetres. These ants mostly prefer to live in the woods. They also like to live in moist areas. Some of them become aggressive if you try to touch their nest.
- Crazy ant (Paratrechina longicornis)- The length of these ants is approx 2 to 3 millimetres long. You can easily identify these ants as they have long legs with an antenna. These ants also prefer to live in both dry and moist areas. Outside they can be found in the garbage and soil. You can also find them under the carpet and walls.
Hire The Experts To Keep The Ants Away
If you don’t want any of these ants to invade your house then you can call Pest Control Woollahra to restrict the entry of these ants into your house. If you notice any of these ants species in your house you can directly call us to get the best possible solutions. Our team will be at your doorstep and make sure that you will not see these ants again in the future. We are also providing same day pest removal services at affordable prices. Don’t wait for the ants to ruin your house, just give us a call.